What we do
Birmingham Adoption Centre is the largest rehoming centre in the West Midlands
Thanks to a team of dedicated staff and volunteers, each year we successfully find forever homes for over 1000 cats and kittens from the Birmingham area. Our key goals are to :
- Homing - finding good homes for cats and kittens in need
- Neutering - Support and encourage the local community to neuter their cats
- Education- improve people's understanding of cats and their care through education and advice
All potential new owners are required to complete a "Home Finder Questionnaire" and our motto is "the right cat in the right home"
The home check is an important part of our re-homing process. It lets us see that our cat will be going to a suitable and safe environment. It also gives you
the chance to ask any questions or raise any issues that may affect your cat's future life. Once you have passed your home check, you can pick up your new cat and start a new life together. All our cats have been treated to our minimum veterinary standards and have been examined by a veterinary surgeon. All Cats Protection Cats and kittens have been :
- Neutered or spayed (if aged 4 months and above)
- Treated against fleas, roundworm and tapeworm
- Blood tested against FIV and FeLV (if un-neutered or poorly on arrival)
- Four weeks insurance
- Part or fully vaccinated against flu, FeLV and enteritis
All the above treatment, plus the cat's food whilst in our care, costs the charity £175 - £200 per cat. We charge an adoption fee of £65 per cat/kitten. Of course, if you wish to leave an additional donation, we would be very grateful.
We receive NO
government funding and rely solely on the generosity of public donations to pay the cost of the cats in our care. The more we receive, the more cats we can help. If you need to rehome your cat or kitten
Please call us on 01564 822 020 to discuss the rehoming of your cat. Sadly we do operate a waiting list however we will endeavour to help you at the earliest opportunity.