No matter how much, or how little time you have to give, your efforts WILL make a difference
* GARDENER / GROUNDSKEEEPER
We have extensive grounds attached to our adoption centre, which include large areas of grass lawns over undulating ground, a small quantity of large, well established trees, and a small dingle / dell which is a riot of Bluebells in summertime. These areas require maintenance periodically to keep it neat and tidy throughout the year. What the role involves:
Tending to large areas of lawn grass, multiple large flower pots/ hanging baskets, light tree and bush maintenance, leaf litter, and general aesthetic upkeep of the grounds. Skills & experience with the following equipment would be beneficial :-
- Petrol driven Lawnmower
- Petrol driven Strimmer
- Electric Leaf Blower
- ChainsawTime this role requires:
This is a flexible role and could be shared by a number of volunteers
* FUNDRAISING ( We are urgently seeking Fundraising Volunteers)
As a charity Cats Protection relies solely on the generous donations from people who love cats. Working alongside a friendly team of enthusiastic volunteers you will play a key part in raising money and awareness through local fundraising activities. What the role involves:
You will have the opportunity to get your thinking cap on and share fundraising ideas in meetings with groups of other volunteers, then as a group put those ideas into action. As well as taking part in the events, we encourage you to share your passion for cat welfare and promote our work at the event. Skills required:
- Ability to work well in a team
- Good communication skills
- Confident dealing with the public
- Comfortable handling money
- Knowledge of local community networks would be an advantage
Time this role requires:
This is a very flexible role and the time that you can give will be relative to the number of fundraising events that you are involved in.
* VOLUNTEERING WITH THE FRIENDS
The Friends of Birmingham Adoption Centre is a small group of volunteers who help co-ordinate our fundraising.
They are always in need of help within the Centre at weekends, during fundraising events at the Centre and helping off site at various fetes, galas and events manning a stall. We are looking for help with......
* Helping out at fundraising events by manning stands, talking to the public or distributing information
* Raising awareness of local events and group activities, by distributing leaflets
* Helping with street collections
* Organising and planning local events
* Collating records and distributing paperwork to group members
* Running and arranging group meetings
* CAT CARE (please note we currently have a full programme for Cat Care volunteers)
As a cat care volunteer you will be hands on directly helping cats and kittens in our care. What the role involves:
Your time will be spent cleaning, feeding, grooming, socialising and generally enriching the cat's living environment. You will work with other volunteers and staff to ensure that each cat's needs are considered and developed appropriately. Skills & experience required or that could be developed:
- Basic knowledge of cats, cat care & hygiene standards
- Good interpersonal skills
- Observational skills
- Level headed & practical
- Patience & perseverance
- Ability to work in a team Time this role requires:
This is a flexible role and could be shared by a number of volunteers How we will support you in any role whilst volunteering for Birmingham Adoption Centre
Your contact for your role will supply you with day to day support, guidance and direction. Your staff contact at the centre will work with others to ensure that you have a positive, enjoyable volunteering experience. What you can gain from volunteering with Cats Protection:
- The opportunity to make a difference to cats & kittens across the UK
- The opportunity to develop new and share existing skills
- The opportunity to meet new like minded people and work as part of a dedicated team
- To gain experience working as an important member of the team in the UK's leading feline charity
* HOME VISITOR (one day per week)
Due to the amount of cats and kittens that the centre rehomes we are looking for a mature adult to carry out home visits in the South of Birmingham/North Warwickshire and North Worcestershire.
The hours would be just one day per week (depending on amount of home visits),
You will need to be an outgoing person who likes to meet the public, have a good eye for detail and knowing the needs of the cat. Training will be provided and you must have a clean driving licence and do not mind working alone.
Please contact Paula or Susan, at the Birmingham Adoption Centre on 01564 822020 for further details.